Monday, November 16, 2009

Song Collections

There's so much planned in December that I'm starting to think like it's the end of the year now because if I don't, December will sudddenly be gone and I won't have done all my usual end of year things like making compilations of my favourite songs of the year and Top 10 albums etc...

So I was thinking in relation to Web Sheldon, this has been one of the best years of my life for my own music... And thats kind of a weird thing to say because I haven't played ANY gigs (apart from playing for friends :-) ) and I've only written a few new songs but this year I have recorded about 10 songs... And making a record of those songs has really made me feel like I have something down in concrete and will set the scene for next year...

If you know me, you'll probably know that I hate to limit myself too much and I've found it very difficult trying to confine myself to write or record a certain type of song so they all fit on one EP and sound coherant... So instead I've split the different types of music I'm recording into different parts...

There's a collection called "Eight English Months" which are acoustic guitar based, mostly quite old songs that I am recording only now...

There's "5 Minutes" which is a collection of cover songs...

There's "No Soul I Know Could Live Without Love" which willl be a collection of Piano based songs...

Then there's a couple of songs I've recorded that are more upbeat but I haven't got a name for this yet... but this is my main and most exciting project...

So I'll just keep adding song to these as and when they are recorded and see how it goes...

I'm hopefully buying an iMac soon so it will be v nice to work with a something faster than a snail too... I do expect a lot from my poor lappy though and he does very well considering *hugs to lappy*

No comments:

Post a Comment