Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy New Year

So I made it to London... I have a new place to live with my mate San in a reaaaaally nice apartment and I'm living just 10 minutes away from my man Carlos as well... I've started the new job and I'm back into the routine of health and fitness - so a good start to the year thus far...

I realised only yesterday that February Album Writing Month is fast approaching - soon it will be February and I vowed to take part again this year.  It was *such* a good experience last year. Last year I was unemployed in February and spending my days in Istanbul for most of the month; I had all the time in the world and I still didn't complete the full amount of songs needed... this year I'm travelling 3 hours to work and back every day, plus exercise, and learning Spanish at the same time.  Obviously I can't change my work hours for Feb and I'm not prepared to decrease my Spanish study either (because I'm sooooo stubborn hahaha) so I'm just going to have to squeeze it in somehow!

The songs will have to be more simple, stripped back... because I won't get anything finished otherwise, but I'm looking forward to starting now and counting down the days...

What do I want to do musically this year?? Well last year, I had plans to record an album until the London move came, so after February, I'm going to plan the next stage for that, keep recording YouTube Videos (I'd like to record some of my own songs on YouTube though ths year in addition to the cover songs!) and I want to play more open mics and gigs in London collaborate with my mate Beth Swain (cos she is toooooooooo awesome!!!!!) and maybe we can write some new songs together!




1 comment:

  1. Very much digging the links here-- great cover of only wanna be with you, BTW.

    ReplyDelete