Wednesday, August 13, 2014

New Song: Purple Steeple

Here's a new song, it's called Purple Steeple.

It's about being able to feel the calm whilst in the bustling city; to just feel the heat and the energy from the sun and from the people around. Living in a big city can make you feel drained - but not if you turn that feeling on its head and let it feed you instead.

I don't assign myself or believe in any particular religion, so the term 'purple steeple' is like a metaphor for a tower of strength; looking after and believing in others, and in yourself.

YouTube Link:
To display the video bigger and in a new screen, click on the YouTube logo at the bottom right of the video :)



Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/websheldon/purple-steeple

Lyrics:

I feel the sun in my sleep
I feel the sun, I feel the heat

Mmmm slow motion
Bathing in the ocean
Of the people and the laughter
And the streets

Mmmm slow motion
Mmmm calm in the commotion
Drinks, rocks and
Harmonies and feet

While I recharge
Somethings goin' down in the city
I need this time
To cleanse my soul

While I recharge
People are spinning 'round in the city
We need this time
To feel worthwhile

When I wake up
I’m walking down to the city
Feel the waves
Washing over me

When I wake up
I’ll be venturing through the city
I wanna feel the life
It makes me feel alive inside

I’m gon' be alive, when i feel my
Mind free, get free, lost in the people
I’m gon' feel alive when i rake my
Seeds from the flowers of the purple steeple

Every time you say your truth
You grow a little inside

No comments:

Post a Comment