Friday, February 5, 2010

Ableton for Mac now LIVE!! Ace. Face. Of. Pies.

Yesteday evening was ace. Period.

I got home and managed to get Ableton Live 7 for Mac. This put me in *such* a good mood cos my Mac actual has a bit of power behind it so composing on that will be like composing on a real computer woooo! Lappy is sooooo slow with Ableton but I had already started a song on there from the other night which started off being inspired by a Demdike Stare song but I ended up working on it aaaaall night and now it's turned into a kinda Dark Progressive House / Minimal style song.... It felt really good to be creating again... I don't often feel the thrill from writing guitar or piano songs anymore unless something really hits me but I loved recording this last night with 3 different bass lines, 3 different drum tracks, and I bought some congos last weekend and they're included on there too (although to be honest they sound more like tom toms due to mic positioning but thats ok...!) So I really wanna go home and finish it off now! Would be ace to have a new song out so early in the year... I recorded a little demo the other night called "No Sweet Conversation" but I was only messing around and then after realised that the mic was set up wrong and had only recorded in one speaker! haha So may work on that again another time and add some strings and harmonies too...

Hmmmm I'm sure paragraphs aren't meant to be that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment