Friday, March 16, 2012

New Songs for Stream / Download

Here's my favourite tracks I recorded from the February Album Writing Month! All were written and recorded on my iPhone in Istanbul apart from Sheepskin Lullaby which was written on a Mac and in Sheffield.

Left click to stream or right click to open in a new window or download the mp3 version.

Or you can download the whole load in a super tidy ZIP file here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c1t6g2elx8dllrd




Web Sheldon - True Story.mp3
What makes a good woman?
What makes a good man?
With every day I live on this planet
There’s more I understand

Now some people fake so much of themselves
To get through the day
They don’t know the truth from the lies
Of all the stuff they say

I am one who leaves myself open to life
To be used and hurt and bruised
They always get greedy and reveal themselves in time
And they leave behind those who are true

Now I don’t claim to know
Any better or worse
Than any other average man
Living on this earth

But some people you just know
You see their soul right through their eyes
Through thick and thin, through right and wrong
They’d have your back every time

Whoever you are thinking of right now
Find a way to show them your love
There’s so many crooks and thieves out there
So keep close and treat well the ones you love

We don’t need to worship idols or Gods to find our way
It’s only ın each other we need faith
And then the courage to stay open after every tıme we’re hurt
Leaving behind the cruel

And find those who are true
And keep those who are true
And love those who are true



Web Sheldon - Lie Detector.mp3
You seen that strange forced smile
Another careless embrace
Sincerity’s out of style
In the city of disgrace

D’you know they see through the scenes?
But they still stick around
To see the day when a queen
Pawns her own crown

Sometimes good people change
Sometimes the bad stay the same
Sometimes a smile’s faked so well
A lie detector could never tell

Who’d you steal from today?
What you take this time?
Do you think you’ll get away?
One day you’ll pay for your crime

Take what the hell you want?
A morality so surreal
D’you teach your kids to play along?
D’you teach your minions to heel?

Sometimes good people change
Sometimes the bad stay the same
Sometimes a smile’s faked so well
A lie detector could never tell


Web Sheldon - Approximately Infinite Respect.mp3
A tribute song for Yoko Ono for her birthday this year.
(Sample from Ana Matronic interview)

Choose
Choose your time well
Do the extraordinary
Could be you
Could be the moon
Could just be your place in time

Choose
Choose your mood well
For the charge you are taking
Enjoy, absorb
And feel it from inside

Where’s the energy you need?
A cafe, a busy street?
In the middle of an ocean blue?
Where’s the energy you need?
From the lover you greet?
Or travelling far to a place wild and new?

(Sample from Yoko Ono interview)

Choose your companions well
For every journey
You are centre
You are the median
Of all that surrounds you



Web Sheldon - Little 3 Oh.mp3
It's just another day
But its a strange one
Its just another number
Slightly larger than the last one

And I don’t feel any more found
Than I did 10 years ago
But I know that, i’ve learnt more
Than I ever give myself credıt for

I’m tired of licking my wounds by the fireside
There’s such a bright and beautiful sun in the sky

I need the sea
I need some air
I need to focus
And take some care
I’m just on my way to some strange magical somewhere

I need to stand
Even if I lose
I'll go crazy if I don't move
Could be wrong but I’m inclined
To say any way that’s forward is just fine

There’ll be more time for fun
And losing the days again
But l’ve lost so much time through liquor ‘n’ labour
I’ll only find it in these songs again

It's so easy to drift
And let the world control you
Everyone else decides your fate
If you believe everything they tell you

I’m so tired of being pleasing and polite
I’ve never asked for anything that wasn’t my right




Web Sheldon - Social Climbers
Concentrate
Don’t look up
Check your phone
Read your book


Concentrate
Smile warm
But come back strong
Strike like a storm

They’re so loud
Talking over one another
Sometimes they’re all speaking at once
And no-one is listening at all to anyone

Listening patiently
To what’s being said
They like to hear
Their voices above the rest
Because what they say is the most important thing you’ll hear all day

When they meet new prey
They strike, they fight
Lock their eyes take a bite
And feed and fill themselves
From the other’s heart

Expect to leave the others high and dry
Expect to reason with a few glazed eyes
Expect to be adored and up till 5
But prepare to be skinned and sold and eaten alive

Expect a greeting that’s less than warm
Expect a change in yourself to conform
Expect to bask and blaze and perform
But prepare to call it a night and go home

All attitude
And one-liners
Desperate wannabees
And social climbers




Web Sheldon - Yatma Zamanı.mp3
i know the apartment is looking after me
i know the apartment is looking after me
there’s three locks on the door, i know i’m safe
there’s three locks on the door, i know i’m safe

i know these walls are thick and wide and strong
i know these walls are thick and wide and strong
i’m on the fourth floor high, i know i’m safe
i’m on the fourth floor high, i know i’m safe

keep the blinds down they don’t know i’m home
keep the blinds down they don’t know i’m home
i sleep sound every night, i know i’m safe
i sleep sound every night, i know i’m safe

bir, iki, uç, dört, beş, altı, yedi, sekiz, dokuz, on
bır, iki, uç, dört, beş...

strange sounds from the walls but i’m ok
strange sounds from the walls but i’m ok
there’s a hole in the window but i’m fine
there’s a hole in the window but i’m fine

so warm in the blistering heat, i’m safe
so warm in the blistering heat, i’m safe
sink into the bed but i’m ok
sink into the bed but i’m ok



Web Sheldon - Wild Applause.mp3
Did you leave it too long?
Did you expect to just bring it home?
Did you drink whilst others worked?
Did you snivel to your worst?

Did you crash for the thrill?
Did you know the medics waiting still?
Did you flash for wild applause?
Could you shine for a pure cause?

No wild applause
No wild applause

Did you strain your wired eyes?
Did you stone out the muffled cries?
Did you steal time that you lost?
Will the money replace the cost?

No wild applause
No wild applause

This one is a bit different to the others - it's electro/house. Lyrics taken from an excerpt of "Daisy's Song" by John Keats.
I look where no one dares
I stare where no one stares
And when the night is nigh
Lambs bleat my lullaby


No comments:

Post a Comment