Thursday, November 27, 2014

What's Next?

I've been working as an IT Consultant for the last 8 years but I took the last 6 months off to concentrate on finishing the Bilamie album, work on my Mixing & Mastering courses and generally try to get a foot hold on the music scene in London.

The Bilamie album is teetering on the edge of being finished but there's no particular date in site yet due to a few issues we need to iron out.  My courses at Point Blank went really well, I had 2 dedicated teachers and I made some great contacts who I have been collaborating with (BeatM4n and Gutto Serta) and it was generally a good experience to get thrown into deep into a musical environment. I definitely feel like I've made a start on the music scene in London as well - I've gotten to know a few bands, promoters and venues.

Soooo... now I need to top up the funding for my musical projects (and general living lol) I toyed with the idea of trying to find a job related to the music industry but many entry level ones were voluntary and/or very long hours and then I wouldn't have the time or energy to work on Bilamie and Web Sheldon. So I've decided to head back into IT Consulting for a few months, save some pennies and then take a few months off IT work again in Spring next year and head back into music 100% afterwards. This might be a reoccurring theme going forward lol.

So what is on the cards for next year?!

  • Bilamie
    • The album
    • A single + video
    • Many gigs (hopefully inc. festivals!)
    • We have started to gather a bit of merchandise too; Bilamie bottle openers and badges so far!

  • Web Sheldon
    • A record label are interested in releasing one of my songs as a single - I can't say much about that yet though.
    • 4 new songs have sprung out of the ether in the last week so I've decided to knock those into shape and release my first EP! I've never had a proper solo release before, (can I just repeat that...NEVER!!) ...so now is the time!
    • Solo gigs and open mics!
    • More collaborations!
    • More remixes!

So yeah... I better go and find a job.

And a house too.


;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment