Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Trainee at BonaFideStudio



So as you probably know I have some time away from SAP at the moment which I'm using to 'work on music' so this is taking the form of...


  • Finishing my second EP.
  • Updating this blog more often.
  • Playings gigs and open mics (Next gig Thurs 28th July at O'Neill's in Muswell Hill, 7pm).
  • Getting to know the music scene in London better.
  • Collaborating with other artists for side projects
  • And as of Monday this week.... working as a Trainee at BonaFideStudio in Muswell Hill, North London. 

I had a trial day last week and met the head producer, there was a band being recorded at the time and other artists/bands coming in to use the rehearsal room.  And then on Monday I met another producer there who writes electronic/R&B/dubstep type tracks - it was very cool and I got to see the programme Reason in action for the first time, which I am dying to use now after seeing first hand what it can do!

Yesterday I was meant to be recording vocals for the EP but I was so inspired after watching the producer write a song in front of me, I wrote a song myself... I think I'll include it on the EP, it's fresh, new and a nice progression from what the second EP is, to what might come after that and I LIKE it.  Think of upbeat glitchy drums with a bit of rapping and some Web Sheldon style 80's synths thrown in.

So I'm going now! Must get recording!

Click on the website below to find out more about the studio I'm working at:

Recording starts at £20 per hour with an Engineer.  There's also a rehearsal space and to list a few artists that have recorded there: Patrick Wolf, Klaxons, Kylie Minogue, Kings Of Leon, Elastica.

Tel: 020 8883 9641
Email: info@bonafidestudio.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment