Friday, July 24, 2009

First Post

Hi! I’m Web Sheldon!

I could say I’m a singer-songwriter but that would get me pigeon holed straight away so I’ll just say that I’m a singer, I write songs and I play music. I’m not claiming to be special or different from anyone else, but I would like to think I am not limited by genre. I can honestly say I like any kind of music from Bjork, to NWA, to Chopin, Metallica, Billie Holiday, ABBA, Loretta Lynn, Digitalism, Elis Regina… and I’d like to think that to some degree, that eclecticism is reflected in my own music,

My songs are like journals – whenever I feel a strongly about something, I’ll write some words down. Sometimes those words turn into songs, and sometimes they’re never more than just a few thoughts jotted on a bit of paper.

I’ve been playing solo as long as I can remember and I’ve been in a few bands along the way too; Shale (during College), Beyond Obsession (during University), Mothership, and Bilamie (whenever we’re in the same city!)

I’m originally from the UK but I’m living in Ireland at the moment in a small town – despite being a city boy at heart, I’m loving the serenity and it’s giving me a bit of time to reflect and write from the heart again. I’m pretty health conscious – I go jogging and to the gym on weekdays and I keep a food journal (this stops me eating Pizza every night!) So, what else? I work in studied Communications at Uni, I work in IT, I like red wine, going to music festivals, I think we can learn a hell of a lot from different cultures if we just take the time, I like looking at people’s handwriting, smelling electrical equipment and cooking.

I’ve kept personal blogs in the past but I intend for this to be just relating to my music. I’m going to post lyrics on here and maybe use it as a kind of news / general info kinda website. I guess it’s more of a personal space for me and for anyone that like my music and wants to read more about the songs.

So Hi!

...and thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment