Saturday, May 11, 2013

BEDM#6 - Day 6, Monday: If you couldn’t answer with your job, how would you answer the question, ‘what do you do’?

Hahaha aww I’d love to get paid for these things...

1. Every month, since Summer 2005, I try to find 20 new artists/bands to get into. This started off as just a mish-mash of songs that I liked, all thrown together but has slowly turned into something else… I concentrate on a particular genre of music now each month, or at least have some kind of theme. I call them my ‘Monthly Playlists’ and I’ve spent hours and hours doing these when I should be doing other more productive things… I also spend a lot of time now ordering the songs too – from start to finish and making sure the mix between each song on my iTunes flows nicely as well.

2. I look for old songs to cover and re-make into my own style – I try to find songs spanning different genres as I generally believe people like more genres of music than they say – either because they’re embarrassed or have a pre-conception about it. I’ve found this in myself as the more I’ve pressed myself, the wider my taste has become. I still have a bit of an issue with stadium rock though and 10 minute guitar solos… lol :-(

3. I also write music, mainly on guitar, piano or on a software programme called Ableton Suite. The lyrics and the vocal (melody/performance) are most important to me and when I’m writing, this is what I spend most of the time on.


-- Desde Mi iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment