Wednesday, May 1, 2013

BEDM: Day 1 - The story of your life

Blog Everyday in May.
Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less


I was born on the coldest day of the year in 1982. By default, I consider myself lucky; I grew up healthy, with a good education, two parents who loved me, a sister who was there for me in my troubled teenage years, and one true lifelong infatuation: music.

I loved my childhood and whilst many friends were racing each other to grow up, I was happily exploring my own Piscean world. I grew up with abrupt force when I realised I was gay.

I love cooking Indian food, drinking red wine and laughing. I find languages and other cultures fascinating; the more I learn, the more I understand the world and myself. I always regretted ceasing my German studies but now I’m learning Spanish to remedy this thirst!

I’m open minded, independent, overly self-critical and feel constantly oppressed by the responsibilities of modern living. I lose myself easily – which is a good thing creatively but not good in your path of life. I’ve been working as an IT Consultant in SAP since the mid-noughties, it’s a good job.

As for music; listening is my library of fantasy worlds where I can explore wherever I want to. Writing is my journal, my therapist, a dreamscape and singing is my release. I’ve played many instruments, had a bash at DJing and amateur music journalism but more than anything I love to write and sing.

Religion is not important to me; being a decent human being is.



No comments:

Post a Comment