Wednesday, December 3, 2014

WimblesWee

I'm not sure where I first heard someone refer to Wimbledon as WIMBLES but it just tickled me somehow... I think it might be because it reminded me of Wombles, but I haven't unlocked that nugget yet.

So I'm I'm in this pub in WIMBLES at the moment because I usually work in the house all day and sometimes I need to escape. So anyway they played Bon Jovi's 'Always', I knew it from first second when the drums kicked in.  I used to be quite a fan when I was a small Web Sheldon... I remember I was about 13/14, I'd just bought their compilation Cross Roads and I went with my Mum into Derbyshire and walked around a street market... I ended up buying this kind of mystical/alternative silver necklace... I was so happy with it and thought it was cool and awesome! And listening to this song just brought that memory back :)

When you are a child or even a teenager, really small events or changes can seem like massive things to you and at that time, it's so easy to have new experiences.  I remember though I got to the age of about 24 and I was finding it harder to find new and exciting things to do.  It's easy at that point, to accept that life isn't as exciting as you thought it would be, orrrrrr you can just keep pushing further in different directions! I think the easiest way to apply this in proper adulthood though is to keep doing things that are outside of your comfort zone.


I love this picture, I really think it's true.  But you have to force yourself because otherwise it's so much easier to do 'comforting' things instead.  This could be as simple as instead of always going to the same restaurant, go to a different one insetad, but obviously that's not exactly a challenge! For example, for me at the moment, I'm working on a song where I have a rap part to do.  I used to do a little bit of rapping in previous bands because I have a strong love for hip hop, but I've never done it solo before because without a band behind me, it feels too far out of my comfort zone.

So I guess it's about finding which ways you can push yourself, and finding one or two that are really going to mean something to you if you do them.

I have to wee now.

A WimblesWee.

No comments:

Post a Comment