Thursday, April 30, 2015

Beatm4n Remix Collaboration! Single release brewing... "Spirit Like You"

When I first started my hand at producing electronic music, it was back in 2009 when I'd just moved to Ireland.  I'd bought an iMac and Ableton 8 Suite.  And when I wasn't playing with the camera that turns your face into weird shapes, I remember a few weekends that I spent from dawn until dusk sat in front of the computer all day drinking coffee and recording/mixing!

Back then I didn't know much about mixing - I was just trying 'make things sound nice' - but I guess thats what it comes down to in the end... lol One of the tracks I made those days was called 'Spirit Like You'.  I'm a little embarrassed when I listen to it now - but we've all got to start somewhere :D

Then when I was at music school last year, I met BeatM4n and he heard the song and instantly asked to remix it.  How could I possibly refuse?? ;-)  So now his remix is finished, sounding awesome and very 2015 and we're planning the single release!

As soon as there is news on the BeatM4n collaboration, I'll be posting it up here!

In the meantime, here's my original 2009 version of "Spirit Like You".


No comments:

Post a Comment