Monday, February 23, 2015

Birthday Covers: Taylor Dayne

NEXT, in the series of Birthday Covers...

At my next gig on 7th March @ The Islington, it's Taylor Dayne's birthday and I'll be covering her first single from 1988, "Tell It To My Heart".  I remember I bought a double vinyl with this track on it when I was but a tiny childlike creature - it was called something like 'The Greatest Hits of 1988'.

I've no idea how popular this song is or how many people know it... but it got to number 3 in the UK and I've loved this for many years now so I can't wait to get composing a remix/cover for it.

Here's the track in its original synthy fantastically 80's glory (plus some very appropriate clothing, hairstyles and dance moves). Unfortunately I won't be covering these too haha

--
25th Feb UPDATE: So the song is ready now and it's going to be a mash up between me covering Taylor Dayne's 'Tell It To My Heart' with samples from Tori Amos' i i e e e and Missy Elliott's Get Ur Freak On.

Come down to the gig to hear it!

Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart

Tori Amos - i i e e e


Missy Elliott - Get Ur Freak On


Join the Facebook events here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1545945535667799/?fref=ts (Web Sheldon)
https://www.facebook.com/events/809080812509660/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular (Crhøma)

No comments:

Post a Comment