Friday, June 10, 2016

What is it about COVERS?

I've been posting a lot about my new EP recently... Already though, I'm halfway through recording the next one.  I said that this year, my music was going to kick off properly and thankfully it has now - a single in January, an EP in June and another EP before the year is out.

The next EP is going to be a bit more upbeat and will have some Hip Hop elements with guest raps from Priveyt, Too Shay and possibly more artists too depending on what happens in the next few weeks...

So far, I've got 3 songs almost finished and another 3 to record.

I'd like to have a cover song for this EP too but haven't decided on one yet.  I do notice a certain reluctance by some artists to avoid playing songs by other people or covering them on albums - and it comes across to me like they feel like there is something to prove by only playing their own music.

I'm not a massively secure person but I've never felt that kind of reluctance to play covers... if i love a song, I have to sing it, or mess with it and change it completely..or maybe not change it at all! I LOVE playing covers. It gives me chance to pay respect to an artist or to a song that I love.  I like hearing covers from other artists as well as if feels you like get a little insight into their listening habits - and it's always interesting to see how they change the song to make it their own.

I don't have an album cover yet for the next EP.  Or a title.  All these cogs are still turning... ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment